*I updated the resident list. I added the Grant & Frazier families (both from my previous Meteor City game) to the town.
*Annalee Bjovi died :(
*Kasey & Josh Hamilton had a baby girl named Makenli :)
* Courtney & Hugo Hawke had a little boy named Raphael
A few random screenshots:
First, funny 'baby is coming' shots. The dads kill me with their panicking!!
Why do the moms always insist on driving themselves to the hospital?
baby Makenli :)
When I visited the Hawkes, I found this little guy:
Raphael Merchant-Hawke. Apparently Hugo & Courtney were busy while I was away!
The Grant household
At least I don't have to worry about walking in to new kids at this house ;)
The Frazier clan
I don't plan to play them too often. They have too many kiddos & 2 of them are toddlers.
After playing a bit more in this Simsville world, I've found a few things I don't like.
1. There are 3 different business buildings. I figure it's probably for the look, but it's still a bit much.
2. There are 2 shops. One building has 3 merchants, and the other has 1. In the first building, there's a cafe, a book merchant, & a 'general goods' merchant. I didn't test the cafe, but I did test the other two. The book merchant works, but the general goods merchant didn't have anything listed under the 'Buy Items' option. Weird. The merchant in the second building is a relics dealer, but he only has two items to sell. Two different crystal/stone things. Again, these buildings might just be for the aesthetics.
3. Almost all the houses are unfurnished, which means I have to decorate. This is fine when I'm in the mood to decorate, but it's annoying when I'm just in the mood for playing the game.
4. This is a large world. Everything is soooo spread out. Almost all the business buildings are in the center of town except the military base, science building & stadium. All the houses are spread out all over the place though. There are a couple houses out in the middle of nowhere, which means it takes sims a long time to get to work, school, etc.
5. There are houses that were designed to be apartments mingled in with the downtown buildings. Since I don't have Late Night, I can't make apartment buildings, so these are treated like regular houses. It's ok I guess, but it's kind of weird playing these houses because there's 3 floors and they're not designed to be like regular rooms in a house. Each floor is supposed to be a separate apartment. This makes the houses look weird. I could change wall placement & stuff, but it'd just be a lot of work. I also don't like playing big buildings like these. I prefer playing smaller/1-2 story houses; it doesn't take sims as long to get from point A to point B.
So it appears I'll be doing some tweaking of this town :)